Looking for stock trading ideas? Join 6000+ traders in the #1 community for stock traders/investors. Click Here to See if you Qualify.
One of the best ways to learn about stock investing is to read books. Books have more detailed information than what you wouldn’t get through web courses or YouTube tutorials. To help you become a well-informed investor, let’s go through some of the books that are totally worth reading. You can also checkout Hashtag investing for more information on how to make the most in the stock markets.
25 Books to Learn How to Start Investing in Stocks 2018
- Jack Schwager – Market Wizards
- Jeremy Siegel – Stocks for the long run: The definitive guide to financial market returns & long-term investment strategies
- Howard Marks – The most important thing illuminated: Uncommon sense for the thoughtful investor
- William O’Neil- How to make money in stocks
- Charles Mackay – Extraordinary popular delusions and the madness of crowds
- Benjamin Graham-The intelligent investor
- Thomas Bulkowski – Encyclopedia of chart patterns
- Robert Shiller – Irrational Exuberance
- Philip Fisher – Common stocks and uncommon profits
- Steven Nison – Japanese candlestick charting techniques
- Nassim Taleb – Fooled by randomness
- Roger Lowenstein – When Genius failed: The rise and fall of long-term capital management
- Michael Lewis – Liar’s poker
- Joel Greenblatt – The little book that beats the market
- George Soros – Alchemy of finance
- Jack Bogle – The little book of common sense investing
- Burton Malkiel – A random walk down Wall Street
- Van Tharp – Trade your way to financial freedom
- Mary Buffett & David Clark – Buffettology: The previously unexplained techniques that have made Warren Buffett the world’s most famous investor.
- Edwin Lefevre – Reminiscences of a stock operator
- Roger Lowenstein – Buffet: The making of an American capitalist
- Peter Lynch – One up on Wall Street
- James Crammer – Getting back to even
- Michael Thomsett – Getting started with options
- Lawrence Cunningham – The essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America.
One of the best ways to become good at something is by following the lead of those who have succeeded before. This book helps you with this by taking you through the stories of successful traders, and how you can replicate their strategies.
Jeremy Siegel – Stocks for the long run: The definitive guide to financial market returns & long-term investment strategies
This book argues that when factors such an inflation are taken into consideration, an investment in stocks is the best investment in the long run. It’s one of those books that will enlighten you on different aspects of the market.
This book gives you insights on the relationship between value and price. Through this book you get to learn of 21 important factors to consider before putting your money in the stock markets.
For you to make money in the stock markets, you have to know when to enter and exit the markets. This book teaches you how to enter the markets, as well as to exit at points where you are likely to reap maximum gains.
This book will open your mind on why not to invest with the crowd. It focuses on how crowds lead to bubbles, which inevitably lead to losses.
This is one of the best books to read for someone looking to understand fundamental analysis. It gives you tips from the same person that taught Warren Buffet how to trade.
This is one of the best books to read for someone looking to make the most out of technical analysis. Through this book, you learn how to read charts and make an informed decision on when to buy or sell.
If you want to understand how bubbles form and why they burst, then this is the book to read. It takes you through bubbles and how to tell whether the market is in a bubble.
This book is focused on how to use qualitative techniques to analyze a company. Just to give you a glimpse into how great this book is, Warren Buffet vouches for Fisher by arguing that he is part of the reason why he has become the billionaire that he is today.
If you have traded the markets then you know that candlesticks are some of the best tools you have. This book gives you a detailed analysis on how to use candlesticks in your trading.
This book brings to you the reality that no can truly time the market. There is an aspect of randomness that makes the market behave in an unpredictable manner. Through this book, you will learn how to appreciate risk management.
This book takes you through the importance of risk management when investing in the stock markets. This book is a must read considering that lack of risk management is the main reason why people lose money in financial markets.
This book might not give you any tips on how to profit from the markets, but it gives you an idea of Wall Street operates. This knowledge is important if you want to make money in the stock markets.
This book will gives you the basics that you need to understand, before you start investing in the stock markets. It even offers some formulas that can lead to profitability when trading the stock markets.
You know George Soros, right? The world famous currency trader. In this book Soros talks about the theory of reflexivity whereby the markets are not just moved by fundamentals, but also by perceptive reality. This book can help you predict the direction the market is headed, just like Soros himself.
This is a book by the founder of Vanguard, an index fund with more than $3 trillion in assets. In this book you will get to learn the importance of keeping costs low in profiting from the stock markets.
If you want to learn a thing or two about trends, and how to diversify your portfolio, then this is the book for you.
For you to make money in the markets, it is important that you create a strategy and stick to it. This book helps you craft a strategy that can help you win in the market.
Mary Buffett & David Clark – Buffettology: The previously unexplained techniques that have made Warren Buffett the world’s most famous investor.
This is a book by Buffett’s daughter-in-law, and brings to the fore how Buffett uses qualitative techniques to value companies. It’s definitely one of the books that can give you a leg up when getting into the stock market.
This book takes you through the journey of a boy who made a fortune in the stock market, and the methods he used. It is an eye opener as to what makes a person successful in the stock markets.
This book focuses on Warren Buffet and how he makes his money in the stock markets. If you read this book and follow his methods to the letter, you can make a fortune trading the markets.
This book will open your eyes on how it is easier for an individual investor to identify good trades than it is for Wall Street institutional investors. It’s quite a fascinating read, and gives hope to the little guy.
This book was written after the 2008 financial collapse. Therefore, its ideas are best applied in a down market. It’s definitely a good read, as it gives you ideas on how to survive recessions.
If you would like to start trading in options, then this is the book for you. From this book you will learn a thing or two about mitigating risk while trading options.
When the world’s best investor gives advice, it makes sense to take it. This book is the best of such advice. It is a collection of essays on investing from Warren Buffett, spanning over 50 years.